BUFFALO, NY -Janae Brannon recorded her first triple-double of the season as the Bryant & Stratton Buffalo Bobcats upended Bryant & Stratton Albany 59-45 on Wednesday inside the Burt Flickinger Athletic Center to improve to 4-0 on the season.
Brannon finished with 12 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds as the Buffalo Bobcats won a scrappy game, holding Albany to 26.2 percent shooting. The Buffalo Bobcats improved to 4-0 in its inaugural season, winning all four games by an average of 14.3 points.
THE FAST BREAK
- Albany scored the first two points of the game but never led again as Buffalo out-scored their opponent 14-6 in the opening quarter .
- Albany once again opened the second quarter with the first two points before being answered with layups from sophomores Danyea Barclay and Brannon.
- To close the half, junior Shamecca Minor hit back-to-back threes to push the lead to 27-18.
- Buffalo opened with the first two buckets of the second half. Barclay hit the first basket, before freshman Mecca Odell Camille scored on a turnaround jump shot.
- Albany was able to close within five, 44-39 with 6:34 left after a Kori Hardee lay-up. Odell Camille answered quickly though with two more of her nine second half points. That was the start of a 13-2 run to open up a game-high 16-point lead.
- Brannon hit 1-of-2 free throws with 37 seconds left to hit the 10-point mark and secure the triple-double.
- Three players scored in double-figures for Buffalo. Junior guard Shamecca Minor finished with a game-high 19 points and was 6-of-14 from beyond the arc. Brannon finished with 12 and freshman Mecca Odell Camille added 11.
- Sophomore Danyea Barclay finished one point shy of her third double-double of the season, scoring nine points and corralling 12 rebounds.
- Buffalo held Albany to just 26.2 percent from the floor and 25 percent from three. They were also 10-of-18 from the free throw line.
- The two teams were even on the boards (49-49) with Albany edging Buffalo in second-chance points 9-5.
- Buffalo forced 25 turnovers and turned them into 15 points.
- Buffalo had 15 assists on 19 made field goals.
- Freshman Shinnell Sharp, in her first action of the year, scored three points and grabbed seven rebounds in 15 rebounds. She had three offensive boards.
- Buffalo finished with 16 steals. Barclay and Minor each finished with four steals, while junior Alissa Johnson totaled three.
WHAT THEY SAID
"Today was another test for us and we were able to win a game where didn't exactly played our best," BSC Buffalo Head Coach Brittnee Perry said. "These are the type of games that build character. Janae (Brannon) was great again for us and we were able to pick up a shorthanded win."
The Bobcats will hit the road for their first road game of the season on Saturday, November 16th when they head to Pittsburgh to take on the Point Park University Pioneers at 5 p.m. The Pioneers are 2-3 this season and are coming off a 105-59 win over Penn State Greater Allegheny on Tuesday. The Pioneers are apart of the River States Conference of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). They finished last season 13-16 (9-8 RSC).
FOLLOW THE BOBCATS
You can follow the Bobcats on social media for updates on the game as well as all news, stats, scores and much more on the BSC Buffalo athletics program.