BUFFALO, NY - The Bryant & Stratton Buffalo women's basketball team opened its inaugural season with a win and will be looking to make it a streak on Wednesday when they play Bryant & Stratton Syracuse. BSC Buffalo is coming off a 69-64 victory over Fisher College on Saturday while BSC Syracuse opened with two close losses in its first season as well.
Matchup: Bryant & Stratton Buffalo Bobcats (1-0) vs. Bryant & Stratton Syracuse Bobcats (0-2)
Date: Wednesday, Nov. 6
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Location: Buffalo, NY | Burt Flickinger Athletic Center
- BSC Buffalo will host BSC Syracuse in the team's second regular season game of the season after an opening 69-64 win over Fisher College on Saturday.
- Perry started her head coaching career with a win after a successful collegiate and professional playing career and after serving as an assistant coach at Buffalo State College on the women's side, and with Coach Damone Brown of the BSC Buffalo men's program last year.
- BSC Buffalo enters the season with 12 active players with just one senior. The Bobcats have six players on the roster that will sit out the year due to transfer requirements and red-shirts.
- The roster consists of players from six differnet states (NY, MD, DC, LA, PA, GA).
- The Bobcat bench outscored that of the Falcons 34-14. Janae Brannon and Danyea Barclay combined for 24 while Tealaya Huff added six points and Shannon Bandoo scored four.
- Junior Alissa Johnson led all scorers with 21 points. She also added six rebounds and went a perfect 3-for-3 from beyond the arc.
- The Bobcats controlled the boards, totalling 51 rebounds (+6 advantage).
- Brannon recorded a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. She also added a team-high five assists.
- Freshman Mecca Odell Camille started the game and finished with seven points, eight rebounds and a block.
- BSC Syracuse has opened its inaugural season 0-2 after two close losses Onondaga CC and Rowan CC this past weekend.
BSC Buffalo will remain at home for a quick turnaround when they host the University of Maine at Fort Kent on Friday at 5 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for BSC students with an ID, and free for kids 12 and under.
FOLLOW THE BOBCATS
You can follow the Bobcats on social media for updates on the game as well as all news, stats, scores and much more on the BSC Buffalo athletics program.