BUFFALO, NY - After a year of preparation and hard work, the Bryant & Stratton Buffalo Bobcats' women's basketball program will take the court on Wednesday in an exhibition contest at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland, OH against Bryant & Stratton Ohio at 1:30 p.m.
The Buffalo Bobcats' first live game action of the season will come on the floor where the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association play it's home games. The game is part of a full Bryant & Stratton day with the BSC Rochester and Ohio campuses playing a men's exhbition at 3 p.m., followed by a dinner and trip to the Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls game to follow.
"This is a unique and special experience for our student-athletes and our program," BSC Buffalo Head Coach Brittnee Perry said. "Most of our team have never even been to an NBA game before and to now have the ability to not only attend one, but play a game on the court and inside the Fieldhouse is very special."
Matchup: Bryant & Stratton Buffalo Bobcats (0-0) vs. Bryant & Stratton Ohio Bobcats (0-0)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 30
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Location: Cleveland, OH | Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- BSC Buffalo is set to kick off it's inagural season of women's basketball with the regular season opener coming on Saturday, November 2nd when they host Fisher College (MA) at 5 p.m.
- Perry is making her head coaching debut after a successful collegiate and professional playing career and after serving as an assistant coach at Buffalo State College on the women's side, and with Coach Damone Brown of the BSC Buffalo men's program last year.
- BSC Buffalo enters the season with 13 active players with just one senior. The Bobcats have five players on the roster that will sit out the year due to transfer requirements and red-shirts.
- The Bobcats have played two scrimmages to date against Jamestown Community College and Genesee Community College.
- The roster consists of players from six differnet states (NY, MD, DC, LA, PA, GA).
- Buffalo and Ohio will meet in a regular-season contest on December 20th at 5 p.m. in Buffalo.
- BSC Ohio finished the 2018-19 season with a 0-21 record.
- They averaged 60.3 points and 40.0 rebounds per game.
BSC Buffalo will kick off it's regular season on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 5 p.m. when they host Fisher College (MA) at the Burt Flickinger Center. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for BSC students with an ID, and free for kids 12 and under.
FOLLOW THE BOBCATS
You can follow the Bobcats on social media for updates on the game as well as all news, stats, scores and much more on the BSC Buffalo athletics program.