BUFFALO, NY - The Bryant & Stratton Buffalo men's basketball team will return to action Wednesday night when they play the second game of a men's and women's doubleheader against BSC Syracuse at 7 p.m. at the Burt Flickinger Athletic Center. Following a thrilling 73-71 win over Fisher College to open the season, the Buffalo Bobcats will look to slow down Syracuse who is off to its best start in program history, winning its first two games of the season against Onondaga CC and Rowan College.
Matchup: Bryant & Stratton Buffalo Bobcats (1-0) vs. Bryant & Stratton Syracuse Bobcats (2-0)
Date: Wednesday, Nov. 6
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Buffalo, NY | Burt Flickinger Athletic Center
- The Bryant & Stratton Buffalo Bobcats host BSC Syracuse in the second game of the 2019-20 season. Buffalo is coming off a season-opening 73-71 win against Fisher College on Saturday. Syracuse enters with a 2-0 record, the best start in program history.
- This is the third meeting between Syracuse and Buffalo with the all-time series tied at one game apiece. The road team was victorious in both meetings.
- In Saturday's season-opening win, Jordan Street led all scorers with 22 points and 15 rebounds off the bench. He went 8-9 from the floor and had seven offensive rebounds.
- Senior guard Mick Snowden hit the eventual game-winning three with 32 seconds left to break a 69-69 tie.
- Despite a poor shooting night on Saturday, the Buffalo Bobcats held a plus-12 edge on the glass and held the Falcons to 38.8 percent shooting.
- Junior Tyrell Mitchell also came off the bench to add 16 points on 5-11 shooting. Mitchell is coming off a season in which he was named a Second-Team USCAA All-American.
- In his first game of his Bobcat career, senior Jonathan Range scored six points and added 10 rebounds. He also dished out three assists and added two steals and a block. Fellow newcomer Jabari Hibbert posted four rebounds, three assists and two steals.
- Juniors Taijay Williams and Damone Brown Jr. played critical roles off the bench as well. Williams scored nine points on 4-8 shooting and Brown scored eight while dishing out a team-high five assists.
- Buffalo is coming off a 17-12 campaign in 2018-19 that resulted in a trip to the USCAA National Tournament as the third seed. They defeated #6 Clinton College in the National Quarterfinal to advance to the Final Four before ultimately falling to second-seeded Bluefield State.
- Head Coach Damone Brown returns for his second season leading the Bobcats and is joined once again by Phil Jones. Johnathan Snyder begin his first year on Brown's staff in 2019-20 and will also serve as the school's Sports Information Director.
- Seniors Jabari Hibbert, Jonathan Range and Mick Snowden were named the 2019-20 Team Captains after a team vote, Coach brown announced on Monday.
- BSC Syracuse is coming off back-to-back wins over Onondaga CC and Rowan Gloucester CC to open the season and are currently led by senior Xavier Norgbey who is averaging 20 points to start the season.
BSC Buffalo will be off for a week before returning to the court next Wednesday, Nov. 13 when they take on the Erie Community College Kats at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for BSC students with an ID, and free for kids 12 and under.
FOLLOW THE BOBCATS
You can follow the Bobcats on social media for updates on the game as well as all news, stats, scores and much more on the BSC Buffalo athletics program.